Using Tutors Effectively
- Sometimes homework seems difficult.
- One solution is to use tutors
- However, you must use a tutor effectively to succeed in a course
- Try your homework before you ask a tutor for help.
- Prepare a list of questions about items you do not understand.
- Ask tutors to show you similar examples rather than the answer to your homework.
- If you do not understand what a tutor suggests, then ask them to explain.
- Do not expect the tutor to know everything about your assignment.
- Do not allow the tutor to do your work for you.
- Do not copy code from a tutor or write down what a tutor says into an assignment.
- Do not use techniques suggested by a tutor that we have not covered during the course.
Computer Science faculty in the STEM Study Center (Map)
|Mon 8:00am – 11:00am
|Tue 11:45am – 2:45pm
|Wed 8:00am – 11:00am
|Thu 11:45am – 2:45pm
|Thu 1:00pm – 5:20pm
Computer Science instructors in the CTC (Map)
|Mon 5:30pm - 8:45pm
STEM Center CS Tutor Hours (Map)
CIS/CS schedule: (combined schedule)
MESA tutors in the STEM lab: Check for type of help. Agenda view is helpful.
More Help Possibilities